Planting My Seed Paper
I want flowers! How do I plant the seed paper?
- Our wildflower seed dust covers grow a beautiful blend of colorful wildflowers including Bird’s Eye, Clarkia, Black Eyed Susan, Sweet Alyssum, Catchfly and Snapdragon
- Our seed paper can be planted in any vessel of your choice or in your cleaned out candle
- We recommend putting a small layer of sand at the bottom of the vessel, followed by a small layer of pebbles/gravel, then fill the remaining vessel with soil (preferably seed starter potting mix) leaving approximately ½” or more of space to the top of the vessel
- Place dust cover on top of soil (which can be ripped or forced into a smaller container as this does not cause any damage to the germination of the seeds)
- Cover the dust cover with only ⅛” of soil. If the dust cover is buried too deep sunlight will be unable to reach the seeds and this may impair its ability to grow.
- Water thoroughly
- Place in a sunny corner and keep moist during germination
- Sprouts can appear in as little as 72 hours, and full maturity to bloom can be about 12-14 weeks
- Our germination rates are 80-90% when following our planting instructions
- All of the flowers are safe for animals, but they’re not meant for consumption so we recommend placing them where they will not likely be eaten